This specification provides the definition of the Insurance premium message (INSPRE) to be used in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between trading partners involved in administration, commerce and transport.
1.1 Functional definition
The Insurance Premium message is used by communicating parties to notify the recipient about premiums due from a client. All information needed to produce a detailed request for payment can be sent.
1.2 Field of application
The Insurance premium message may be used for both national and international applications. It is based on universal practice related to administration, commerce and transport, and is not dependent on the type of business or industry.
The Insurance Premium message is applicable for both national and international insurance.
- The Insurance Premium Message refers to one single insurance contract.
- The Insurance Premium Message covers all classes of insurance business.
- The Insurance Premium Message can be used for :
a. the first premium of a new insurance contract.
b. a premium due to an endorsement to an insurance contract
c. a renewal premium.
d. any adjustment of premium.
e. any down payment of premium.
- In case of the first two usages on the above list, a separate message containing the Insurance Contract information will be needed ( to be developed ).
- The Insurance Premium Message structure is as follows :
a. general information valid for the whole message.
b. information on the involved parties.
c. detailed description of cover, amounts and all related information.
d. total amounts valid for the whole message.
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 1.
3. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
3.1 Standard terms and definitions
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 2.
4. MESSAGE DEFINITION
4.1 Data segment clarification
This section should be read in conjunction with the segment table which indicates mandatory, conditional and repeating requirements.