This specification provides the definition of the Superannuation contributions advice message (SUPCOT) to be used in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between trading partners involved in administration, commerce and transport.
1.1 Functional definition
The Superannuation Contributions Advice is sent by a party to an organisation administering a superannuation scheme, to detail contribution payments made for members of the superannuation scheme.
1.2 Field of application
The Superannuation contributions advice message may be used for both national and international applications. It is based on universal practice related to administration, commerce and transport, and is not dependent on the type of business or industry.
- a Superannuation Contributions Advice gives detailed information about a payment into a superannuation scheme for retirement benefit purposes.
- the payment is generally on behalf of a number of members but could be for single member.
- the payment may refer to multiple dates.
- a Superannuation Contributions Advice is based on agreements between the parties.
- contributions may be made by any party or on behalf of any party or parties; usually this means an employer and/or its employees.
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 1.
3. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
3.1 Standard terms and definitions
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 2.
4. MESSAGE DEFINITION
4.1 Data segment clarification
This section should be read in conjunction with the segment table which indicates mandatory, conditional and repeating requirements.