TBG11 Social Security, Employment and Education
This specification provides the definition of the Request for legal administration action in civil proceedings message (CASINT) to be used in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between trading partners involved in administration, commerce and transport.
1.1 Functional definition
A request for lodgement of data to commence or enforce a civil proceeding.
1.2 Field of application
The Request for legal administration action in civil proceedings message may be used for both national and international applications. It is based on universal practice related to administration, commerce and transport, and is not dependent on the type of business or industry.
- Request for legal administration action provides detailed information about a civil dispute among a number of parties.
- The requested action is on behalf of one or more complaining parties.
- The requested action is against one or more defending parties.
- The dispute may involve multiple amounts of money.
- The dispute may be defined by a range of dates.
- The requested action may be a registration of a civil order from another jurisdiction or a request for an order to be made.
- An order may involve multiple amounts of money and terms of payment may be specified.
- The request for lodgement of data is governed by the rules of court in the relevant jurisdiction.
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 1.
3. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
3.1 Standard terms and definitions
See UNTDID, Part 4, Chapter 2.3 UN/ECE UNSM - General Introduction, Section 2.
4. MESSAGE DEFINITION
4.1 Data segment clarification
This section should be read in conjunction with the segment table which indicates mandatory, conditional and repeating requirements.