Planning and implementing classic EDI guides with GEFEG.FX
In order to develop an EDI specification efficiently, many companies opt for proven and widely used EDI standards such as UN/EDIFACT, GS1 EANCOM or the VDA recommendations. Not least because they can trust that an established standard is future-proof and used by many companies. With GEFEG.FX software, you also use specialized, powerful and at the same time innovative software for preparing EDI applications for data exchange based on classic EDI standards. And you have the option of also developing XML schemas for data exchange with GEFEG.FX.
In the training focussing on planning and implementing classic EDI with GEFEG.FX, you will learn how to efficiently use standards provided by GEFEG.FX. Based on these standards, you will develop, document and maintain your own EDI specifications for electronic data interchange. Furthermore, you will learn how to document and specify IDoc structures, flat file formats or in-house standards with GEFEG.FX. In addition, you will learn how
- to use GEFEG.FX to check EDI guides and in-house formats
- to produce and check test data and
- to create mappings, e.g. between SAP IDoc and an ORDERS Guideline.
During the training you will immediately apply what you have learned with practical exercises using the example of an EDIFACT-ORDERS. Of course we will also give you tips from our daily work with EDI specifications.
Topics of the “Develop your EDI specifications efficiently with GEFEG.FX software for an easy-to-maintain EDI implementation” training
- Introduction to the GEFEG.FX software: overview and functions, import and export options, data management and version management
- EDI Standards in GEFEG.FX: Development of proprietary EDI standards
- EDI Standards in GEFEG.FX: Reuse of existing EDI standards
- Developing guidelines: Develop EDI guide, principles and approach
- Generate human readable documentation: Documentation principle, templates
- Test data: Checking of EDIFACT text messages, error log, business rules for checking semantics
- Mapping: Mapping project with two EDI format, mapping Templates
What will you know afterwards?
After attending the course, participants will know how to develop guidelines based on classic EDI standards, how to check test data against guidelines, and how to generate human-readable documentation. You will be independently capable to build a flat file format. The participants have learned how to represent content relationships between data fields in a mapping and how to generate them as a report.
Who should attend?
Users who want to create EDI specifications with GEFEG.FX, specify them and output them as human-readable documentation. The course is intended for users who are new to the software and for users who want to update their knowledge of the classic EDI functions of GEFEG.FX and supplement it with practical tips.
What should you already know?
Knowledge of an EDIFACT-based standard or participation in the course Data Formats in the EDI Environment
How much time will the training take?
We recommend you to plan for 2 full days.
When will the training take place?
29 November 2023, 9:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 17:00
30 November 2023, 9:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 17:00